At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Franchise Technical Director will do at BioWare:
You will be the most senior engineering lead on the next major title in one of BioWare’s most prestigious franchises, and a contributing leader to BioWare studio strategy. You will partner with the other disciplines to build the technology and the programming team to deliver amazing player experiences.
Who You Are:
You have shipped multiple video game titles and have a thorough understanding of game development through all phases. You are a highly collaborative leader who can build a technical vision, as well as build and inspire the programming team to achieve it. You want to help us deliver industry-leading games.
- Collaborate creatively with all disciplines to deliver technology fulfilling the creative vision.
- Recruit and develop the best programming talent in the industry.
- Partner with leaders across BW and EA to leverage and improve common technical strategy.
- Experience developing, debugging and optimizing AAA multiplayer games on PC or console.
- Hands-on experience with multiple game domains (e.g. AI, Rendering, Tools, Online, Animation…)
- 5+ years of professional multi-platform C++ experience and a solid understanding of software design principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training and professional experience.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
To apply for this job please visit www.bioware.com.