Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for a Technical Designer to join our fast growing team working on exciting new projects!
Reporting to the Design Manager the technical designer will help shape the architecture of the game by creating and implementing complex technical and/or system design elements into the game.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with engineering and the game design teams to ensure uniformity of approach.
- Help maintain gameplay-oriented tools, pipeline, content, and workflow solutions
- Work with the design team to identify and implement improvements to designer workflow and tools.
- Write gameplay design documents and work with programming team to implement them
- Help provide analysis of implemented game content to target optimization and performance opportunities.
- Maintenance of existing game code
- Pitch concepts and designs to project leads.
- Establish a clear, cohesive vision for design projects and communicate those designs to others.
- Development of new game specific features and enhancements
- 2 years in a video game development design related role
- Experience with C and C++
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Lua
- Experience in the game development industry.
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.beamdog.com.