Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for a Technical Artist to join our fast growing team!
Reporting to the Art Director, the Technical Artist will have the technical skills to troubleshoot, invent and improve workflows for creating game assets and a thorough knowledge of game engines like Unity and UE4: advanced shader creation, materials, blueprint setup and rigging, and particle systems.
As a proactive and creative problem solver, the Technical Artist will support the art team by mitigating production challenges, establish standards and best practices for character, VFX and environment construction, and build efficient solutions to improve the output of the artists.
Well balanced communication skills are essential as you will be working closely with artists and engineers to deliver amazing visuals to our players.
This position is located in Edmonton, AB. Relocation assistance may be available for eligible candidates.
Bring technical expertise to the Art Team by:
- Working closely with the Art Leads to design and implement art production pipelines and workflows.
- Support the art team by building and maintaining tools to improve their day to day production efficiency.
- Debug and solve technical challenges related to the art pipeline and engine.
- Support the Art team in achieving the visual targets and performance requirements.
- Scripting experience (Mel, Python, Maxscript, etc). C# experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of Unreal 4 including blueprints, materials and shader systems
- Knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, shaders, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics
- Comfortable with Maya Tools and have broad Maya experience
- Experience writing Maya (and Houdini) plugins
- Experience solving complex workflow issues with version control systems like Perforce.
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet.
We offer the following perks:
- Healthcare Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Lunch & Learns
- A Great Community: Be sure to bring your D&D character!
To apply for this job please visit www.beamdog.com.