The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game while respecting the project’s artistic vision and technical constraints. Your role is to support the content production art teams in achieving top-quality results within the project context. You will work closely with the art leads and the programming team to implement technical art features and new technologies in the project.
- Rig and weight characters and equipment
- Identify and Implement art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing
- Implement technical art features with the help of the programming team
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry + 1 full production cycle on a AA title or higher (provide specific and direct anecdotes to what you contributed to optimization efforts and workflows)
- Advanced rigging and deformation knowledge in Maya
- DCC script and plugin development
- Ability to create artist-friendly technical documentation
- Support artists with workflow improvements and resolve issues
- Understand a full content creation pipeline for characters
- Understanding of optimization best practices.
- Experience with simulations, hair and cloth, and dynamics
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal, unity, etc.)
- Substance Suite
To apply for this job please visit jobs.newworldinteractive.com.