Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for a Technical Animator to join our fast growing team!
At Beamdog we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of game creation. Join a special projects team that is fast paced and passionate in developing new workflows utilizing the latest virtual production techniques.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Technical Animator will have the technical skills to troubleshoot, invent and improve workflows for near live-game creation utilizing the latest in performance capture and collaborative multi-user UE4 environment.
As a proactive and creative problem solver, the Technical Animator will support the team by mitigating production challenges, establish standards and best practices for character, and environment construction, oversee the performance capture pipeline and build efficient solutions to improve the output of the artists.
Well balanced communication skills are essential as you will be working closely with artists and engineers to deliver amazing visuals to our players.
This position is located in Edmonton, AB. Remote work is eligible for a remote work arrangement.
Relocation assistance may be available for eligible candidates.
Bring technical expertise to the Art Team by:
- Working closely with the Art Leads to design and implement art production pipelines and workflows.
- Look for opportunities to improve our animation pipeline and provide solutions for technical animation efficiencies and issues
- Debug and solve technical challenges related to the art pipeline and engine
- Support the Art team in achieving the visual targets and performance requirements
- Problem solve performance capture issues including, mocap, facial, finger tracking and solving
- Be a positive and creative force in the team, working in a manner that supports and encourages a diverse and inclusive culture
- Real-time engine experience, ideally in UE4 creating animation blueprints
- Solid understanding of Unreal 4 including materials and shader systems
- Experience with Python is a benefit
- Knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, shaders, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics
- Comfortable with Maya Tools and have broad Maya experience
- Experience solving complex workflow issues with version control systems like Git
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, great communicator
- Experience with Optitrack and Faceware is a plus
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet.
We offer the following perks:
- Healthcare Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Lunch & Learns
- A Great Community: Be sure to bring your D&D character!
To apply for this job please visit www.beamdog.com.