Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for a Software Developer (Legacy Game Titles) to help us develop and maintain our existing titles and live services!
As a member of the Live Ops team, you will work with existing games and services and the developers that created them, to maintain and improve our titles by programming, optimizing, offering analysis, and problem-solving live issues.
With your experience in game development, you will champion excellence in live operations, development, and best practices on the team.
- Maintain existing Beamdog online services
- Assist with maintaining existing legacy games
- Develop and monitor our Continuous Integration (CI) services
- Identify and recommend solutions to technical problems in implementations
- Build the next generation of Beamdog online solutions
- Assist your team in keeping technical documentation well maintained
- 3+ years experience building games; minimum 1 shipped game title
- Knowledge of modern C++ and best practices
- Experience developing in Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS
- Experience with other programming languages such as C#, Go, etc.
- Experience with AWS services such as ECS, RDS, Cloudfront, S3, etc.
- Effective in creative and dynamic team environments that iterate quickly on ideas
- Proven track record of delivering professional-quality work
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Familiarity with web development and common frameworks
- Docker experience
- Knowledge of security practices, e.g., SSO, 2-factor authentication
- Source control experience with Git and SVN
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.beamdog.com.