Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for an Unreal Engine 4 Programmer to help us craft exciting new titles!
As a member of the game team, you’ll work alongside designers and artists to develop games on multiple platforms by programming, optimizing, offering analysis and problem-solving for our upcoming games.
With your experience building games with the Unreal Engine, you’ll champion excellence in Unreal Engine 4 development and best practices on the team.
- Develop game features and tools in Unreal Engine 4
- Build, improve, and maintain scalable Blueprints
- Work with development leads to build Unreal Engine expertise across the studio
- Identify and recommend solutions to technical problems in implementations
- Help research and evaluate new plugins, approaches, and patterns in Unreal Engine 4
- Write unit, functional, or integration tests for features you deliver
- Assist your team in keeping technical documentation well maintained
- Work with technical leads to improve our Unreal Engine 4 subsystems and components
- 5+ years experience building games with Unreal Engine or equivalent game engine
- Thorough understanding of Unreal Engine 4 component system and design patterns
- Superior knowledge of modern C++ and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use Blueprints effectively
- Effective in creative and dynamic team environments that iterate quickly on ideas
- Proven track record of delivering professional-quality work
- Strong preference for development experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Familiar with the development of tools for the Art pipeline in a game studio environment
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Comfortable working in Docker and Jenkins based build environments
- Specialty in one of the following areas would be considered a great asset:
- Gameplay mechanics and ability systems
- Rendering and Graphics
- Multiplayer and Networking
- UI and UX
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.beamdog.com.