Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
This opening is for a senior engineering position within Improbable with a strong focus on customer interaction.
Our customers are game developers who are using the SpatialOS networking engine and/or hosting their game on our zeuz hosting services.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting these developers with a wide range of queries. You will work with our customers to understand their requests and needs from a technical perspective, offering suggestions, and asking questions. When necessary, you will act as the liaison between them and our internal engineers, using your knowledge of the customer’s product and experience to act as a translator and facilitator.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be pioneering the support role in Canada. You will collaborate with the other support teams across the globe, while also forming your own processes based on the unique needs of customers in the North America region. If and when our operations expand, you will be responsible for scaling up the support team in North America.
Areas of Impact:
- Working within a wide range of technologies ranging from game development (Unreal, Unity) to backend tech (Kubernetes, Golang) in order to support internal 1st party and external game studios.
- Defining processes within the team which have a direct impact on the company as the Support engineering team grows. Having a direct impact on the success of video game development from a wide range of external partners as well as our own internal game development studios.
- Contributing to a culture of shared responsibility for all our customers within the team.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Technical expertise. You are confident in your programming and debugging skills in at least one mainstream language such as C++, C#, or Python. You are able to provide code samples to customers. You can write reproduction cases to demonstrate a customer’s problem to our internal engineers. You can write tools to optimize workflows within the Support Team.
- Communication. You can represent the company to the customer in a professional and friendly manner. You can clearly explain complicated systems to the customer, or complicated user-problems to internal engineers, in writing as well as orally.
- Conscientiousness. You can act as a champion for the customer when needed. You take personal responsibility for making sure customers get clear answers. You are able to function as a mini project-manager when a customer’s issue needs collaboration between different teams to solve.
- Independent.You are self-motivated and comfortable working independently. You combine these attributes with a strong reporting mentality to ensure that time-zone overlap is utilized as efficiently as possible.
To apply for this job please visit improbable.io.