At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
Is to solve some of the hardest problems around in areas such as distributed systems, high-performance cloud computing, messaging and much more.
We are technology neutral and believe in well-tested, robust code. Much of our platform is built in GoLang/Java with areas of C++, TypeScript and C#. We use Open Source technologies (such as Kubernetes, etcd, Fleet, Docker, Prometheus, gRPC) and give back to the community through open-source contributions when we can.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Improbable, you will help build online services and infrastructure directly supporting multiple games. There is a broad range of challenging and interesting projects to work on. Similarly, we welcome diverse engineering backgrounds and want you to be able to support a variety of roles across all our teams.
Areas for Impact:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will help Architect, Design, Develop and support distributed services used by millions of players globally.
- You will develop and support the libraries our teams use to integrate with those services
- Partner with product owners to craft the best possible experience for developers by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations
- Estimate the size and complexity of work for planning and prioritisation.
- Support and mentor more junior engineers in hard and soft skills through coaching, code reviews, pair programming, and knowledge sharing
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Have a strong software engineering pedigree, comfortable choosing the most appropriate language/technologies for the project at hand
- Software Engineering is more than just a job to you. Perhaps you contribute to Open Source projects, blog or speak at events occasionally, or just spend a great deal of your time thinking about interesting problems.
- Have experience working with multiple programming languages like, C#, C++, GoLang/Java, and are willing to learn if you don’t.
- You can offer your thoughts and respectfully reason with people but are equally committed to the direction aligned by the majority after being heard.
- You value working in different problem areas and are prepared to work in whichever team is necessary to add the most value to the business.
- You’re accountable and get satisfaction from shipping stuff on time / delivering quantifiable results.
- You’re modest when the results speak for themselves, and humble enough to take responsibility when they don’t.
Experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Building large-scale distributed systems
- Working on cloud-based scalable architectures
- Building high-traffic, robust APIs, SDK or web architectures
- Working with Game Engines (i.e. Unity, Unreal, CryEngine etc…)
To apply for this job please visit improbable.io.