At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Senior Graphics Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our art, design, and programming teams to develop the technology necessary to amaze our players with industry-leading visual experiences using the Frostbite engine.
Who You Are:
You are highly collaborative with several years of experience developing rendering systems for AAA console and PC video games. You are talented and self-motivated with the capability to drive technical initiatives. You are creative and communicative. You want to help us build the best games in the industry.
- Develop and enhance rendering systems that meet creative and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with artists and designers on solutions that further our games’ artistic and design vision through immersive graphics.
- Mentor other developers in performant rendering in every phase of project development.
- Work closely with Frostbite central teams to leverage and extend Frostbite’s rendering systems.
- Experience researching, developing and optimizing rendering techniques and systems for AAA PC and console games.
- Experience developing systems where concurrency, memory, and performance is important.
- 5+ years of professional C++ experience and a solid understanding of software design principles including data-oriented architecture.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
To apply for this job please visit www.bioware.com.