Senior Game Product Manager
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
The Senior Game Product Manager is an experienced and proven leader with the right mix of a passion for gaming, design, and business. You are humble, curious, creative, and emotionally intelligent. You see things differently, strive for continuous improvement, and make informed decisions with just enough data.
BioWare is looking for a Senior Game Product Manager to help combine the best of a continuously updated live game and BioWare’s immersive RPG experiences.
- Collaborate with the project leadership to define and be accountable for the strategy and execution plan to create and operate games that balance creative, business, and player-first execution
- Champion the performance of the product strategy and execution; create models to forecast features’ impact on the user life cycle, define success metrics, and prioritize backlog to hit Retention, Acquisition, and Monetization goals
- Work across disciplines and teams to build the structure and processes that enable the creation and operation of successful live services
- Define best practices for the discipline, from how to build a game from the ground up to manage the day to day live service — to retain, acquire, engage, and monetize
- Own and analyze game metrics (acquisition, retention, engagement, monetization, virality) and proactively identify and implement optimizations to player experience and core financial performance
- Serve as a coach and mentor resource, assisting in the resolution of complex problems and growing skills and knowledge
- Set up successful collaborations across internal EA studios as well as with external partners
- 6+ years of experience in a Game Product Management role or similar
- Experience with games early in development phases
- Experience running and optimizing a Live Service
- Passion for creating innovative, fun, and compelling games
- Exceptional business & design capabilities – you can confidently draw a line from detailed player behavior all the way to market outcomes
- Excellent data analysis skills required, including the ability to model game parameters in Excel and experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- A deep understanding of market trends, business models and customer preferences across all genres, platforms, territories, and demographics
- S./B.A. degree in a quantitative major
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching).
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
To apply for this job please visit www.bioware.com.