At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
as the Senior Game Designer (Player Investment) is to create immersive game economies, experiences, and loops that tie our game’s systems together – designing for the ‘long-term’ player experience and ensuring the title can be enjoyed by players for many years to come.
You will join a talented games-as-a-service team in Edmonton, Canada, and will build a robust, scalable game economy with a robust inventory and upgrade system. The work you do to understand all aspects of the game’s design — from moment-to-moment gameplay through to the high-level metagame — and its effect on player investment will make a lasting impact on the games we make.
Areas for Impact
- Designing economies, inventories and upgrade systems.
- Work with the foresight to create a “1000 hour” experience, creating an environment of repeatable experiences that always put the player first.
- Work closely with other developers to ensure that these systems are part of the core games design – not an afterthought.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience shipping at least one live game in a Systems Design / Game Designer role.
- Experience operating a successful free-to-play live game economy.
- Strong knowledge of how to design, model, and adjust large inventory and progression systems that are directly related to shaping gameplay.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Unreal Engine experience (preferred).
- Experience (or strong interest) in RPGs (preferred).
To apply for this job please visit improbable.io.