At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Senior External Art Manager will do at BioWare:
- Manage and direct art created by external contributors, in partnership with the larger External Development team
- Work with programmers, artists, and designers to establish metrics and workflows around performance management and asset validation to ensure that the game operates within established targets
- Create and maintain tools to assist artists with their daily workflows
- Perform in-depth reviews of major pieces of content at each stage of construction and provide feedback to the artists
- Provide the first line of support for troubleshooting artist issues, and ensure that those which need escalation are effectively resolved
- Deliver and maintain art and build tools to partner studios
- 7+ years of experience in the industry, 2+ years as Senior or Lead
- Expertise in Level Art, props, photogrammetry, and hard surface assets
- Good understanding of Level Design from concept to final, previous AAA FPS or RPG titles
- Good understanding of all types of game art
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience teaching workflows and directing art
- Experience onboarding new vendors an asset
- Experience working with external partners, understanding of cultural diversity
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity or comparable)
- Experience with Frostbite an asset
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Jira, and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with version control and build management database such as Perforce
- Desire to travel internationally, confidence using communications tools such as Slack & Zoom to work with remote teams
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
To apply for this job please visit www.bioware.com.