At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
as the Release Manager is to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams to facilitate the successful launch of our studio’s unannounced RPG–showcasing SpatialOS technology–to players worldwide. You’ll be a critical driver in ensuring consistent build delivery and, as a result, the best possible player experience.
You will join an ambitious, experienced team, and have a significant impact by owning all pre- and post-launch activities. The work you do to drive the seamless delivery of the game to our players will provide a memorable player experience.
Areas for Impact
- Coordinate all game-related release activities from pre- to post-launch, ensuring continuous delivery against our product goals – including pre-launch war room activities, creation and execution of release checklists, building live dashboards to monitor infrastructure and game health, triaging issues, communicating with stakeholders on launch status and game health, driving improvements to the release process, incident reporting, and coordinating maintenance and downtime.
- Own the delivery of an approved build into players’ hands by ensuring distribution platform compliance, managing hotfixes, triggering builds to be promoted into staging, and coordinating special one-off builds as requested.
- Liaise with stakeholders across Improbable worldwide to understand dependencies, support coordination, and manage expectations.
- Document and own the launch runbooks including escalation and on-call policies.
- Other responsibilities relating to large-scale launch activities (betas, tech tests, full game release, etc.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Experience shipping products on a larger scale
- Experience with project management tools such as Atlassian Jira
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong stress management skills and, by extension, crisis management ability
- Experience (or strong interest) in the gaming industry preferred
To apply for this job please visit improbable.io.