Reporting to the COO this position is responsible for supporting studio projects by planning and communicating project requirements and targets to ensure game deliverables and deadlines are executed on time, budget and to Beamdog quality standards.
The Project Director will ensure that the creative vision is translated into the game and that the total player experience contains that vision and that project’s strategic design challenges are met. The Project Director will also oversee the quality, variety and balance of the game, the narrative systems, and the overall experience and challenge by guiding all application of game design within the game.
This job is located in Edmonton, AB. Relocation Assistance available for eligible candidates
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management/planning (Pre-Production, Planning, Post-Release Support) alongside project leads to ensure deliverables are accurate to project vision and scope, communicated to teams, on track and are completed within deadlines
- Provide clear, concise communication to the team and studio management; manage all stages of development, from pre-production to live to post-release
- Hold accountability to completion of planned tasks as agreed upon in sprints. Manage project risks by proactively creating action plans for off-track deliverables, ensure action plans are executed. Report status changes to stakeholders as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the creative director to ensure that the game design meets the company’s vision
- Analyze needs for manpower requirements across assigned projects. Ensure manpower plans are completed, updated and communicated to stakeholders on a biweekly basis
- Manage producers by ensuring project development tasks are created, measured, and assigned. Ensure project vision, deliverables, scope and deadlines are clearly communicated
- Identify processes and pipelines needed between the various disciplines of the team
- Coach and mentor team members in career development and skill acquisition
- Ensure all game goals agreed upon by Studio Creative Director, Executives and the team leads are being met
- Manage a team in a fast-paced, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- Passion for gaming & deep understanding of the gaming landscape
- Understanding and passion for strategy based board games/ games
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Producer, or Game Director
- Strong project management & leadership skills
- Understanding of Agile (SCRUM) development methods
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
About UsBeamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.beamdog.com.