Reporting to the Project Director, the Producer works to support the project team by coordinating tasks, facilitating communication, and driving clarity and focus for all team members throughout the development lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure tasks are created, measured, and assigned.
- Maintaining and refine project tasks and documentation.
- Facilitate Scrum team events (e.g. stand-ups, sprint planning).
- Have great communication skills, both oral and written.
- Monitor, control, and produce reports on project progress and status to leads and executives.
- Observe and meet deadlines while aiding others in doing the same.
- Manage communications between Beamdog and external parties (vendors/partners).
- Continue to actively develop skillset while sharing knowledge with teammates.
- Coordinate with different departments to ensure high quality, successful product releases – from Pre-Production and Planning to Post-Release Support.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high-level of proficiency with our workflows and processes, while providing insights into how they could be improved.
- Mentor junior staff in production techniques and agile methodologies.
Education and Core Skill Requirements:
- Project Management skills including scheduling, resource planning, and risk analysis
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Project, Google Office Suite, Perforce/Git
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Highly Organized
- Strong Communicator
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.beamdog.com.