Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for an Office Assistant to join our fast growing team.
Reporting to the HR Generalist, this position is responsible for ensuring the office runs in a smooth and orderly manner by championing daily administrative tasks.
The natural ability to organize and prioritize daily tasks with minimal direction is critical in this position. Your valuable skills will help us achieve our company goals by ensuring all the important daily details are taken care allowing us to focus on create fun and exciting games.
Must have a car!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gatekeeping the heck out of incoming calls and visitors while always sounding confident and professional
- Maintain meeting rooms, office kitchen, and the sweet, sweet coffee supply!
- Assist executive in various tasks such as note taking in meetings, arranging executive appointments and organizing executive calendars
- Stock supplies and manage office inventory
- Arrange weekly catering orders
- Update and manage social/event calendar
- Liaise with facility management vendors
- Event planning for in-house and off-site activities, including thinking up, planning and pulling off amazing and fun company events.
- Taking real pride in ensuring the office looks clean and tidy at all times
- Put on your toolbelt to assemble office furniture when needed
- Arranging travel, hotels and other accommodations for employees when needed
- Assist other teams as needed, sometimes outside your comfort zone
- Experience as an office assistant or in related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Possess a valid driver license.
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.beamdog.com.