At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
With the successful launch of SpatialOS to the gaming world, the popularity of our platform is growing. Our goal is to demonstrate the potential of the platform through our original IP game, leveraging SpatialOS and the Unreal Engine.
As a Game Programmer at Improbable, you understand the core concepts of SpatialOS and use this knowledge to build a wide variety of implementations on top of the platform. You design and implement critical gameplay systems that will be technically robust for large-scale, complex games. You also help to drive the requirements of the platform by giving structured feedback on the process of using the technology and the challenges faced.
- Knowledge of implementing gameplay or elements of gameplay (e.g. combat mechanics, AI behaviours, pathfinding).
- Knowledge of game architectures and game development paradigms (e.g. entity component systems).
- Knowledge and working experience of game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, or CryEngine).
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders (e.g. producers, artists, designers).
- Ability to establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
- Ability to define and understand elements of game design documents and technical design documents.
- Experience breaking down the development of a system into a number of manageable tasks.
Experience with any of the following would be advantageous:
- Previous experience with shipping 2+ titles.
- Previous experience developing titles for desktop or console.
- Previous experience with implementing features for multiplayer games.
- A portfolio of projects/side projects.
To apply for this job please visit improbable.io.