We are looking for an AI Programmer to join our expanding team! Are you a fan of FPS, with an emphasis on “inspired by realism” and tactical play vs. arcade control? Do you have a passion for cooperative compound interactions between networks of AI pawns? Do cover-based shooters excite you? Do you have an interest in developing AI for a live-service title? Does Unreal Engine excite you? If so, New World Interactive would like to speak with you!
What an AI Programmer will do:
- Write high-quality C++ code with an understanding of gameplay and AI systems
- Participate in the design and implementation of AI code in accordance with design intentions
- Work collaboratively with design on prototyping new AI concepts as well as iterating on and improving existing systems
- Work with QA to fix tricky and obscure bugs relating to AI systems
If you’re interested, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Passion for making games
- Experience working collaboratively with others on games
- A good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 including:
- Programming in C++ using the in-engine gameplay framework
- Using built-in AI tools such as EQS and Behavior Trees
Additional skills or experience that will move you up in the stack-ranking for considerations are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent 3+ years related work experience
- Shipped at least one III, AA, or AAA title on multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with console platforms such as Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch
- Experience working with Perforce source control
- Familiarity with AI behaviors relating to the FPS genre and co-op games
- Supplemental benefits – Vision, Dental, Pharmaceutical and more.
- Life insurance
- Work from home
- Company events
- Educational allowance
- Personal development allowance
- Additional time-off during company closed periods
- Annual Bonus Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit jobs.newworldinteractive.com.