Reporting to the Art Lead, the Animator will create exciting and believable animation for characters, in-game objects and cinematics. They will be responsible for setting the standard for animation at Beamdog and will provide guidance and direction for our external partners offsite. Well balanced communication skills are essential as you will be working closely with artists, designers and engineers to deliver amazing visuals to our players.
The Animator will support the Project Teams by:
- Working closely with the Art Lead and project leads to establish the animation style and requirements for the project and to ensure that all animation content meets or exceeds the quality bar and meets our project timelines.
- Create high quality in-game animations, integrate, set-up, and support our animation content pipeline. Test and debug content to support project goals and meet quality.
- Collaborate with team leads to support prototype efforts and animation that fits the aesthetic direction and vision of the project and game design.
- Contribute and collaborate to improve our animation content pipeline. Support and provide feedback for motion graphic and cinematic efforts.
- Skilled in creating animation content in Maya and Motion Builder (key frame and motion capture)
- Has experience working with in-game animation setup and integration with engines like UE4 and Unity.
- Understanding of the core principals of animation.
- Understanding of core game design principals.
- Able to create and troubleshoot animation rigs in Maya and MB.
- 5 or more years of experience working as an animator on a shipped game title (AAA)
- Knowledge of scripting and tool creation for animation.
- Understanding of motion graphics tools and techniques.
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.beamdog.com.